6600, and MSI Widcomm bluetooth dongle?

Has anyone had success with this combination?

I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.

TIA for any advice,

--Al
4 answers Last reply
More about 6600 widcomm bluetooth dongle

    In article <MPG.1c83fde132d4296b989698@news.giganews.com>,
    apuzzuoli@comcast.net says...
    > Has anyone had success with this combination?
    >
    > I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
    > with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
    > pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
    >
    > TIA for any advice,
    >
    > --Al

    I'm using XP SP2, but it would never work with the Widcomm software. I
    eventually succeeded by removing the Widcomm drivers, and using the
    Microsoft drivers included in SP2. Works fine most of the time, but can
    still be a bit flaky at times.

    Hope this helps
    --
    Nick
    Remove 's p a m' to reply

    "NickT" <espamnjaytee@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In article <MPG.1c83fde132d4296b989698@news.giganews.com>,
    > apuzzuoli@comcast.net says...
    >> Has anyone had success with this combination?
    >>
    >> I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
    >> with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
    >> pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
    >>
    >> TIA for any advice,
    >>
    >> --Al
    >>
    > I'm using XP SP2, but it would never work with the Widcomm software. I
    > eventually succeeded by removing the Widcomm drivers, and using the
    > Microsoft drivers included in SP2. Works fine most of the time, but can
    > still be a bit flaky at times.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    > --
    > Nick
    > Remove 's p a m' to reply

    This may help :-

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840635

    I use a widcom device and I find the procedure that works is to try &
    connect the serial port, that will fail, but then the phone will try and
    make a connection on it's own (like it's responding) Just accept the
    connection and then launch the nokia software. This way always works for me.

    regards,

    Dion L Heap
    www.thetophouse.com

    Is your PC's internal modem disabled?

    Al Puzzuoli wrote:
    > Has anyone had success with this combination?
    >
    > I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
    > with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
    > pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
    >
    > TIA for any advice,
    >
    > --Al

    See M$ knowledge base article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889814

    for details on disabling the M$ XP SP2 bluetooth stack, this should
    allow you to use the dongle manufacturer's drivers.

    David

Nokia Phones Bluetooth MSI-Microstar