6600, and MSI Widcomm bluetooth dongle?

Last response: in Brands
February 21, 2005 5:17:40 PM

Has anyone had success with this combination?

I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.

TIA for any advice,

--Al
February 22, 2005 2:06:03 PM

In article <MPG.1c83fde132d4296b989698@news.giganews.com>,
apuzzuoli@comcast.net says...
> Has anyone had success with this combination?
>
> I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
> with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
> pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
>
> TIA for any advice,
>
> --Al

I'm using XP SP2, but it would never work with the Widcomm software. I
eventually succeeded by removing the Widcomm drivers, and using the
Microsoft drivers included in SP2. Works fine most of the time, but can
still be a bit flaky at times.

Hope this helps
--
Nick
Remove 's p a m' to reply

"NickT" <espamnjaytee@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1c83fde132d4296b989698@news.giganews.com>,
> apuzzuoli@comcast.net says...
>> Has anyone had success with this combination?
>>
>> I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
>> with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
>> pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
>>
>> TIA for any advice,
>>
>> --Al
>>
> I'm using XP SP2, but it would never work with the Widcomm software. I
> eventually succeeded by removing the Widcomm drivers, and using the
> Microsoft drivers included in SP2. Works fine most of the time, but can
> still be a bit flaky at times.
>
> Hope this helps
> --
> Nick
> Remove 's p a m' to reply

This may help :-

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840635

I use a widcom device and I find the procedure that works is to try &
connect the serial port, that will fail, but then the phone will try and
make a connection on it's own (like it's responding) Just accept the
connection and then launch the nokia software. This way always works for me.

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com
Related resources
February 22, 2005 8:54:54 PM

Is your PC's internal modem disabled?

"Al Puzzuoli" <apuzzuoli@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone had success with this combination?
>
> I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
> with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
> pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
>
> TIA for any advice,
>
> --Al
February 26, 2005 12:14:30 AM

Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> Has anyone had success with this combination?
>
> I'm trying to get this dongle wworking with the phone in conjunction
> with the 6600 PC Suite. I seem to be able to pair the phone with the
> pC; However, I can't get MRouter to ever see the phone.
>
> TIA for any advice,
>
> --Al

See M$ knowledge base article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889814

for details on disabling the M$ XP SP2 bluetooth stack, this should
allow you to use the dongle manufacturer's drivers.

David
!