Help Choosing: GTX 650 Ti, 560, or 660

JMocks

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hello Tom's Hardware! I'm currently in the market for a new video card. I'm looking at the GTX cards, but don't know which one would be good for me as I'm not into all the technical stuff when it comes to GPU's. I'm a PC gamer. Love it. And that's also the reason why I'm looking for a new GPU. I want a increase in my FPS.

I also want to get into recording my own gameplay to make guides, tips & tricks videos, or just showcase my gameplay. However, recording gameplay whether it be Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, etc. it really brings down my FPS. I will list the specs of my rig. Nothing has be overclocked.

Monitor Resolution - 1600 x 900
CPU - AMD FX-6200 Zambezi (6 Cores)
Mobo - Biostar A880GZ
RAM - G-Skill DDR3 8GB
GPU - Radeon HD 6850
PSU - 600W

The reason why I have the hex core CPU is because I also do video editing. I got the hex core with HD video editing (some times big files) and HD game recording in mind. I had a quad core but figured the hex would be better due to the demanding tasks. I could of made a mistake, but its not permanent.

So. Like I said earlier, I can't decide between a GTX 650 Ti, 560, or 660. Please, if another card not listed would suit me better, please let it be know. I want the best bang for my buck. My budget is $270ish.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012