Sign in with
Your question

600-700 eur pc for L4D2

Last response: in Systems
January 2, 2013 5:12:03 PM

Hello all!
A friend of mine recently moved to the uk, and since then, he's been unable to play our much beloved Left4Dead2.
Now that he's settled in nicely, he thinks it's time to buy a new LAPTOP and come back to the good ol' times.
I'm asking on his stead because all he has right now to connect to the internet is an Iphone!
His budget would be in the 500 pounds range ( 615 eur approx ). What do you suggest?
The only request is a pc capable of running Left4Dead2, the popular zombie game, and some other game that isn't overly demanding.

Approximate Purchase Date: No limit

Budget Range: 600-700 eur after shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, media

Are you buying a monitor: no idea yet

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any UK webstore

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments: Left4Dead2 Left4Dead2 aaand... Left4Dead2!!

More about : 600 700 eur l4d2

January 2, 2013 5:30:44 PM

Red7x said:
Hello all!
A friend of mine recently moved to the uk, and since then, he's been unable to play our much beloved Left4Dead2.
Now that he's settled in nicely, he thinks it's time to buy a new pc and come back to the good ol' times.
I'm asking on his stead because all he has right now to connect to the internet is an Iphone!
His budget would be in the 500 pounds range ( 615 eur approx ). What do you suggest?
The only request is a pc capable of running Left4Dead2, the popular zombie game, and some other game that isn't overly demanding.

Approximate Purchase Date: No limit

Budget Range: 600-700 eur after shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, media

Are you buying a monitor: no idea yet

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any UK webstore

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments: Left4Dead2 Left4Dead2 aaand... Left4Dead2!!

How about this? http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/vvti

For a little more money you could go up to a 3570k and a Z77 mobo and be able to overclock or you could up the 7850 to a 7870 or something. Either way, this will max out L4D2 with probably a few hundred FPS, lol. He could play quite a lot of other games, too.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking 600-700 pounds. Still, this is 547 pounds, so hopefully that's not too far over for you. You could lower the i5 to an i3 to save money or maybe drop the optical drive and something else.
January 2, 2013 6:07:11 PM

I think your suggestion is very good WOLFkraut, thanks alot for it!
I'll show it to my friend and hear what he thinks about it.
If anyone else has any other build to suggest, please do, so we can compare.
Related resources
January 2, 2013 7:00:15 PM

Red7x said:
I think your suggestion is very good WOLFkraut, thanks alot for it!
I'll show it to my friend and hear what he thinks about it.
If anyone else has any other build to suggest, please do, so we can compare.

Where are you buying from? Are you buying from the UK or are you located in the EU? Knowing local availability will help to suggest a system - if you don't know of a store in your country check the link in my signature.
January 3, 2013 11:28:26 AM

Alright, I have to update the thread.
I apologize, but he intended to look for a laptop...
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The price range is always the same: 600-700 eur, no more.
g-unit1111, my friend now lives in London, UK and he previously told me he doesn't trust much shipping from other countries, as such it'll have to be inside the uk, hopefully that won't be a problem.
!