Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Performance
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2012 11:08:49 AM

Hi everyone :) 

I am having a very annoying problem with my GTS 250. Usually, when I'm playing a game that requires some good GPU power, I can hear the GPU fan quite loud, which let's me confirm that it is running at 100% when playing a game. This isn't happening on the new MOH:W. Every time I am playing the game, I can barely hear the gpu fan. At start the game runs fine (when the fun is starting to speed up) but then it sort of stays low on fan speed and the game starts to lag and/or has performance drops quite usually.

This is a an odd problem to describe, I hope I've made my point.

My system specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
Memory: Gskill PC8500 TT 4GB 1066Mhz
GPU: XFX Geforce GTS 250 512MB Core Edition
HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200.12
PSU: Nox Urano 700W
Drivers: latest (306.97)

Thanks in advance :) 

More about : gts 250 performance drops moh warfighter

November 25, 2012 12:00:09 AM

I'm sorry for the double post, but to help with the understanding of my problem, here's my GPU activity during the gameplay:

As you can see, the GPU usage has some drops here and there and that causes the game to sort of lag in those performance breaks.
November 25, 2012 1:09:39 AM

I've been playing MOH: Warfighter a little bit on my new rig but my old system with a Quadcore and 5870 got those lag spikes randomly as well. I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but that game is really buggy to be honest and you might want to compare your hardware to the recommended specs of the game.
!