Sign in with
Your question

New Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II Problems?

November 18, 2012 12:02:58 PM

Hello all,

I Built my own computer about a year ago and as i was on a low budget I stuck to mid range components. The plan was to upgrade to a high end PC later down the line when I was earning a little more.

The time has now come and have decided to start upgrading my parts. I thought I would start off with a new graphics card as I would have more performance that I could use straight away. The problem is the permanence is a bit of a hit and miss, With games like Skyrim I can now play it with ultra settings at 1080p with no lag at all. Even some demanding games such as Metro 2033 work very well and the performance boost is massive.

The problem occurs with Black ops 2 and Battlefield 3. Before I had no lag with high settings but now it just doesn't feel smooth. I have enabled fraps to record a benchmark and it says i am getting around 77fps average with 24fps minimum and 142fps max on BF3 single player with everything maxed (fps doesn't change much with lower settings or what i was using before). Even when it says 60fps is still doesn't feel smooth like it did with my old 6870 (not maxed)

With black ops 2 it says i am getting minimum of 70fps and average of 104. This still doesnt feel smooth. I get micro stutter on both of these games no matter what settings.

My other specs are:
i3 2120 @ 3.3Ghz
8gb DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
850w corsair power supply
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
7200rpm HDD
HAF X Case.

I now my processor isnt the best and am upgrading to an ivy bridge i5 at the end of the month but if this is causing abottleneck wouldnt i still be getting at least the saem perfomance as my 6870?

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

!