Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 2, 2013 6:59:37 PM

Hello, yesterday I was on here asking on the forums what they thought of the gaming build I was picking the parts out for. I have come back today to ask what you guys think of my improvements.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Graphics Card- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Motherboard- ASRock Z77 Extreme4
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+24x+Internal+Double-La... Some Hp Optical Drive XD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Case- Rosewill CHALLENGER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-121-... PSU- KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=19-116-... CPU- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... OS- Window 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Monitor- ASUS 23.6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Mousepad- RAZER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Mouse- RAZER Deathadder
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Keyboard- RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate

More about : gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 7:46:58 PM

Replace the psu to a 550-600W unit from corsair, seasonic or antec. I recommend the corsair TX550M or corsair tx650 v2 or seasonic S12II 620

Everything else seems ok
m
0
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 7:51:25 PM

EzioAs said:
Replace the psu to a 550-600W unit from corsair, seasonic or antec. I recommend the corsair TX550M or corsair tx650 v2 or seasonic S12II 620

Everything else seems ok


I agree with this - that power supply is overkill and I'm not sure about the manufacturer. I'd drop the expensive peripherals for a better case from NZXT or Corsair, and then replace the 660TI with the Radeon 7950. The mouse mat isn't needed either - you're just spending money needlessly there.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 7:53:13 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I agree with this - that power supply is overkill and I'm not sure about the manufacturer. I'd drop the expensive peripherals for a better case from NZXT or Corsair, and then replace the 660TI with the Radeon 7950. The mouse mat isn't needed either - you're just spending money needlessly there.


I personally prefer the 7950 as well but 660ti isn't a bad choice that he needs to replace it.
m
0
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 7:54:44 PM

EzioAs said:
I personally prefer the 7950 as well but 660ti isn't a bad choice that he needs to replace it.


Yeah you're right, the 7950 is cheaper but they perform about the same.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 12:53:21 AM

Great. Just what I would've go for
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 1:08:21 AM

Great :)  thank you for all of your suggestions. I think this will be a very powerful build!
m
0
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 1:11:07 AM

kicknate195 said:
Great :)  thank you for all of your suggestions. I think this will be a very powerful build!


Should be. My build is pretty similar. I didn't see RAM listed - what are you going to use there?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 1:26:44 AM

For gaming, it should be powerful (and well spent) especially once you starts to overclock
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 1:30:02 AM

16GB is wasteful, unless it's a great deal. 8GB will be more than enough for gaming. Heck, even 4GB still is
Share
January 3, 2013 1:36:34 AM

EzioAs said:
16GB is wasteful, unless it's a great deal. 8GB will be more than enough for gaming. Heck, even 4GB still is

Alright I will check into that.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 1:50:38 AM

Nice choice. I prefer G.Skill anyway
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 1:53:35 AM

EzioAs said:
Nice choice. I prefer G.Skill anyway

Exactly my reasoning too :) !
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 3, 2013 1:56:45 AM

It seems like you have everything figured out by now. Good luck with the purchase and assembling ;) 

If you're done with this thread don't forget to choose the best answer so that the forum moderators can close it.
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 2:01:18 AM

Best answer selected by kicknate195.
m
0
l
!