Buying GPU

I'm going to update by GPU to Asus GeForce GTX 660.
My cpu is i7 2600k 3,4 GHz and MOBO is Asus P8H67-M-PRO.

Is that correct buy or..?

Thank you.
9 answers Last reply
More about buying
  1. HenriP44 said:
    I'm going to update by GPU to Asus GeForce GTX 660.
    My cpu is i7 2600k 3,4 GHz and MOBO is Asus P8H67-M-PRO.

    Is that correct buy or..?

    Thank you.


    Specs are pretty cool ! I guess you are going to play every game on 1080p Ultra, right?
    which PSU you have?
  2. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    Specs are pretty cool ! I guess you are going to play every game on 1080p Ultra, right?
    which PSU you have?


    I'm going to buy Coirsair CX430W V2 is that enough? I'm not sure about that :/

    I'm going to buy 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM so is 430W enough?
  3. I don't think PSU is enough. Because GTX 660 have minimum 450w supply required and you've got many other things to run too.
  4. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    I don't think PSU is enough. Because GTX 660 have minimum 450w supply required and you've got many other things to run too.


    Ok I have to check a new one. Have you got a good PSU for me to show?
  5. Do you want to overclock?
  6. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    Do you want to overclock?


    CPU or GPU?

    I'm not sure about CPU maybe.. GPU yes little bit.
  7. 500w would be enough. Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2UK 500 Watts PSU

    Want your rig to be future proof?
  8. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    500w would be enough. Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2UK 500 Watts PSU

    Want your rig to be future proof?


    I maybe buy a new MOBO next year. Is that the PSU: http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/48697/dcfmb/Corsair-CX500W-V2-CX-sarjan-500-W-ATX-virtalahde ( The page is on finnish but you can translate it and the title is on english and you can see the photo )
  9. get a seasonic S12II 520watt PSU. Its top quality and will power everything just fine
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus GPUs Graphics