  • Windows XP
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 3, 2005 6:21:52 PM

Small network (Win2003 Server). New Windows XP workstations.
Security on the printer: "Everyone" has all privileges. Users cannot
print unless I explicitly add their domain/username as Administrator
on the workstation. Tried Power User-- no good. Is there a solution
so I do not have to make EVERY domain user an Administrator on the
PCs?

HP's response: The HP Color LaserJet 2550 printer driver is designed
and developed jointly with Microsoft. The issue you are experiencing
is related to the operating system and we suggest that you please
contact the Microsoft for further troubleshooting.

We cannot afford to pay Microsoft for an issue HP obviously couldn't
get solved. Anyone suggest/have a solution?

Thanks,

--EdB

More about : network printer driver issue

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
January 3, 2005 10:24:20 PM