3 Monitors at different resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

esoteric-NH

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hey, I am running 3 monitors (eyefinity) 2 at 1680 x 1050 and one that I just purchased at 1920x1080. My problem is, the screen looks bad stretched and fuzzy. Can I force it to run at a different res to prevent this? I am not seeing an option for this in the catalyst control center.

Solution
Exactly. With one large display group, Eyefinity takes all three monitors and gives them an equal resolution, in your case 1680x1050 x3 and gives you the single desktop across all 3. You cannot change the resolution of a single monitor while using the SLS.

Disabling the display group while working should allow for a truer resolution on your 1920x1080.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Are you running the 3 monitors as an Eyefinity group or independently?

Eyefinity SLS (single large surface) means taking x number of screens and treating them as one, giving each an equal portion of the resolution and making a continuous desktop. So each of the monitors would most likely be operating at 1680x1050.

However if you never created a display group with 1 large resolution, then each of your monitors would be acting independently as extended desktops with their own resolution. At that point you should be able to change the resolution of any given monitor via CCC. Keep looking.

esoteric-NH

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Yes i am running an display group, just for gaming. What you are saying, is that with the SLS/Display Group running I cannot change the resolution on one monitor, Correct? I have been searching around keep finding unclear answers to this question.

I want the display group for games but when I am working I can disable the display group for the clarity on my 1920x1080?

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Exactly. With one large display group, Eyefinity takes all three monitors and gives them an equal resolution, in your case 1680x1050 x3 and gives you the single desktop across all 3. You cannot change the resolution of a single monitor while using the SLS.

Disabling the display group while working should allow for a truer resolution on your 1920x1080.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.