Sign in with
Your question

What do I need to upgrade?

Last response: in Systems
January 2, 2013 9:12:37 PM

Hello, my current PC I'm using for gaming but I'm noticing low fps (below 30) when I'm recording or there's a lot happening at once, these are my current specs:
Processor: 2.8GHz
RAM:8GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 430
I was wondering what would be the part(s) to upgrade that would benefit my gaming experience the most (higher fps at higher settings)
Thanks in advance for any help.

More about : upgrade

a b B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2013 9:24:46 PM

Hi. In almost every case a graphics card upgrade would benefit your gaming experience the most. What's your processor?
January 2, 2013 9:37:20 PM

Need to know more details about your specs in order to provide constructive advice:
What cpu are you using, brand and model?
What is the brand and model of your psu?
Is this a system you built yourself or is it off the shelf?
Related resources
January 3, 2013 3:29:19 AM

maui67 said:
Need to know more details about your specs in order to provide constructive advice:
What cpu are you using, brand and model?
What is the brand and model of your psu?
Is this a system you built yourself or is it off the shelf?

Hey, this computer was built for me by an electronics store in my town.
My processor is Intel Pentium CPU G840
I don't know the brand and model of my Power supply since this PC wasn't built by me and I'm unable to open it up
a b B Homebuilt system
January 3, 2013 3:42:58 AM

In your case a graphics card upgrade would improve your gaming experience more than a processor upgrade. We need to know about the PSU to determine whether you need to replace it or if not what graphics card is appropriate. You will have to open it up to find out what PSU you have and to upgrade the graphics card if you don't have to worry about voiding the warranty. Removing the side panel may require only a screwdriver at most. Also what's your monitor resolution?
January 3, 2013 4:10:09 AM

johnsonjohnson said:
In your case a graphics card upgrade would improve your gaming experience more than a processor upgrade. We need to know about the PSU to determine whether you need to replace it or if not what graphics card is appropriate. You will have to open it up to find out what PSU you have and to upgrade the graphics card if you don't have to worry about voiding the warranty. Removing the side panel may require only a screwdriver at most. Also what's your monitor resolution?

My monitor is at 1280 x 1024, but that is the fault of my monitor, I can run 1080 x 1920 on a monitor that supports it
a b B Homebuilt system
January 3, 2013 6:34:03 PM

If you plan to continue gaming at 1280 x 1024, then either the HD 7770 or GTX 650 Ti should be a big improvement and won't be bottlenecked by your CPU. It's important to make sure you have a quality PSU for the upgrade.
!