Gremlin91

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Hello all,

I recently upgraded my HD 6870 to a GTX 680 and am having a few problems. I have noticed that i am getting some micro stuttering on some games such as Black ops 2 and Battlefield 3.

I originally thought this is due to my processor (upgrading soon) which will bottleneck the 680 but surely i should be getting at least the same performance as my HD 6870.

The stuttering happens even when fraps shows 60fps or more.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

Thanks

Gremlin91

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have added these setting to battlefield 3 and got these benchmarks taken from fraps.

Avg: 73.379 - Min: 42 - Max: 105

This was from about 5-10 mins of single player gameplay with low to mid range areas (not huge maps). I have just updated to the beta drivers and have seen a slight increase in fps.

With these setting my 6870 was unplayable so it is definitely an improvement. I think i was just expecting more. What does worry me though is black ops 2. This cant be that demanding and the run a battlefield 3 has higher fps. No matter what setting i seem to get stuttering even though it says 60+ fps.

I will see what my performance will be like when i upgrade my CPU. I just dont understand how cods performance can be lower with the same CPU but with a much better GPU?

Thanks again

It has to be your cpu. If you look at all the bench marks Black Ops is Nvidia favored.It's really odd there noway a 6870 could preform same that i could think of sorry.I am stumped on the answer to that.