My computer can't detect my card

I put my graphics card correctly, and I have disabled my onboard video card. When I boot up, I have crappy resolution and when I check Display Adapters under Device Manager, it says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I changed Int Display Port to PcIe from Pci and this still happens. Is my card defective?
6 answers Last reply
More about computer detect card
  1. Have you installed the drivers for the card? Looks like you are running on the win std vga drivers.
  2. Yes I have, I have installed it, but it still shows Vga adapter. I actually saw after the amd driver installation, it said Installation Complete(some warnings were blah blah blah). I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
  3. Re install is my suggestion. What card do you have?
  4. I have HIS radeon hd 7750 and I am using low profile. I have already reinstalled using Driver Fusion and cleaning up remaining drivers. I'm going to redownload the driver and reinstall again. Please suggest more solutions other than reinstalling please. Also, I don't think it is a detection problem because the amd driver auto detect actually detected which driver I should install. However, I can't find my graphics card on Device Manager. I guess the Standard VGA display is just microsoft's simple video driver when the actual graphics card hasn't been installed yet.
  5. With the drivers installed the card should show up in device manager. You have the monitor hooked up to the card not onboard on the motherboard?
  6. Yea, anymore suggestions?
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computer Graphics Cards Graphics Displays