My computer can't detect my card

kiwiturkey

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
I put my graphics card correctly, and I have disabled my onboard video card. When I boot up, I have crappy resolution and when I check Display Adapters under Device Manager, it says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I changed Int Display Port to PcIe from Pci and this still happens. Is my card defective?

kiwiturkey

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
Yes I have, I have installed it, but it still shows Vga adapter. I actually saw after the amd driver installation, it said Installation Complete(some warnings were blah blah blah). I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

kiwiturkey

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
I have HIS radeon hd 7750 and I am using low profile. I have already reinstalled using Driver Fusion and cleaning up remaining drivers. I'm going to redownload the driver and reinstall again. Please suggest more solutions other than reinstalling please. Also, I don't think it is a detection problem because the amd driver auto detect actually detected which driver I should install. However, I can't find my graphics card on Device Manager. I guess the Standard VGA display is just microsoft's simple video driver when the actual graphics card hasn't been installed yet.