/ Sign-up
Your question

Name this screw (w/pic)

  • Homebuilt
  • Cases
  • Hard Drives
  • Cable
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 2, 2013 11:02:27 PM

So insight would not let me return my cable box, so I had to buy it. I want to open the case and remove the hdd but don't know what type of screw this is or where to buy the bit to remove it. I kinda wanted to keep the case intact so that I could reuse it for a HTPC.


More about : screw pic

a b B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2013 11:24:49 PM

My oem system had a drive cage that required you to press a lever to release the hold down mechanism. Then you lifted it out to loosen the hardrive hold down screws (compaq). Post more pics of your case if you can.
a c 143 B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2013 11:39:15 PM

I would think you could try a hardware store to see if they have that tool

but if not then use a file to cut a slot and just use a flat bladed screw driver