Accessing Hard drive via Internet

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Hello,

I am using Windows XP on my main computer at home connected via ADSL. I do
spend 40% of my time at a different location where I have another computer
also connected via ADSL.
What I would like to do is on my second computer to have access to some
directories which are located on the hard drive of my main computer and to
open for change some files contained in these directories.
Do you know what secured tolls I could use for this?
Thanks a lot for your help

On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:23:34 +0200, Marc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Windows XP on my main computer at home connected via ADSL. I do
> spend 40% of my time at a different location where I have another computer
> also connected via ADSL.
> What I would like to do is on my second computer to have access to some
> directories which are located on the hard drive of my main computer and to
> open for change some files contained in these directories.
> Do you know what secured tolls I could use for this?
> Thanks a lot for your help

Try searching Google for VPN, VNC over SSH, PCAnywhere, Remote Desktop, ...