MY computer doesn't give me the splash screen when video card is in

theredeemed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys. So I finally built my computer, and i was hoping for it to be a clean build with no problems, but unfortunately that isn't the case :(.

So when i turn on my computer with my video card in (Radeon 7750) the computer systems turn on (the fans, etc) however, i don't get a splash screen at all.

When i removed my video card, i get the splash screen just fine and i was able to installl windows 7.

So what am i supposed to do?

Also, after i installed windows 7, my computer didn't recognize the ethernet cable so i cannot even go online to download drivers and such...Any ideas why?

1st time builder here, so i might be making noob mistakes. Please help!

Solution
You need to install the drivers from the disk, that came with you mobo. That will not only fix the ethernet problem, but probably also the video problem. If it doesn't, come back here, but this time with all the details of your system.
You need to install the drivers from the disk, that came with you mobo. That will not only fix the ethernet problem, but probably also the video problem. If it doesn't, come back here, but this time with all the details of your system.

Solution

theredeemed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
The DVI port was originally plugged into the motherboard, but i switched it to the graphics card and it works fine now~ Thanks~~

And you guys were right about having to install mobo drivers, and that made the ethernet cable work.

One question you guys could clear up with me would be appreciated.

When my cousin helped me build the PC there was a power plug coming from the PSU...this power plug had several SATA cables...He plugged the middle one into the HDD and another into the motherboard... So he basically plugged the same wire into 2 places.. Is this a problem? He kind of left in a hurry so i couldn't ask him...Sorry if i'm being vague, let me know if you want me to clear it up.

Here's my setup:
Corsair 500R case
TX650 corsair PSU
i5 3570k
Radeon 7750
16GB G.Skill ram
1TB WD black Cav.

SATA power connectors are not able to be connected to the motherboard so I'm not certain what you're referring to.