NZXT Phantom 410 Fan Controller Stopped Working Properly

nightcrawer105

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hello.

About a 2 weeks ago, I purchased two 120mm cooler master sickleflow fans for my nzxt phantom 410 full tower case. Unfortunately, the cooler master fans stopped working for no reason. So, i checked the wiring to the nzxt fan controller - but all was well. I put it down to 2 faulty fans and I replaced them with two corsair sp120 Performance Edition fans. Well, they didn't work when I connected them to the fan controller, so i tested both the corsair sp fans and the cooler master fans on my motherboard fan headers. Both sets of fans worked, so the cooler master sickleflow 120mm fans didn't die after-all.

Again, i set-out to find the cause of the problem, but no sign of any faulty wiring anywhere, not even on the fan controller itself? It seems something has gone wrong on the fan controller board because i can only connect two 200mm fans, and one 120mm/140mm. Any other connected fans are ignored by the fan controller and fail to work? I don't want to RMA my nzxt case because my PC is now fully built and i don't want the hassle of taking it apart just to move it to a replacement case that could develop the same fault over time.

What are my options here? should i contact nzxt for a replacement fan controller board? is a replacement board even possible? Or is it a case of: i have overlooked a possible easy fix?

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Is the controller being given enough power headroom? I have a built in the same case and Im using it to type this message. I have 3 120MM fans, 1 140MM, and on Corsair High performance fan pulling air from bottom of case. Id say you have something plugged up wrong

nightcrawer105

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Yes. I have a OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU. Everything connected is being given plenty of power, I've even tried disconnecting some non-essential components, to no avail.