Sign in with
Your question

AMD Radeon Dual Monitor Graphics Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2012 8:50:25 PM

Hi guys, I'm looking for an AMD Radeon graphics card below the £120 mark that can Run a VGA Monitor AND a HDMI monitor at the SAME time. I would also like the card to be able to run a lot of games in high quality with a decently smooth fps. I've been really struggling to find a way to improve my graphics performance and get dual monitors. The card I have at the moment is an AMD Radeon HD6450 and It isn't performing as well as i'd like, I've tried setting up dual monitors using the VGA ports on my motherboard and the graphics card but I could not get it to work. So with christmas coming up i've decided to get a HDMI monitor to go with my VGA monitor and I think a quality graphics card that can run both at the same time AND improve my FPS in games would be brilliant! The reason I specify that it must be an AMD radeon is because I have integrated AMD radeon graphics in my processor that works side by side with my present graphics card.

My power supply - 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Current Graphics card - 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6450 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11
Motherboard - ASUS® F1A75-M: FM1 A-SERIES, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Processor - AMD A8-3870K APU (3.0GHz, 4 Cores) & AMD Radeon™ HD 6550D Graphics
RAM - 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Please help, I've been trying to find a fix for dual monitors for a long time and only recently decided to upgrade my gaming experience. If somebody could suggest a card that could solve both in one for under £120 (and is compatible with my computer) i'd be extremely grateful!

a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 8:52:40 PM

Try either a 7750 or a 7770.

They'll both work, but the 7770 will give a good deal more performance than the 7750.
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 8:54:56 PM

I posted on your previous post to just buy the 7770 which will run 2 monitors perfectly fine, then later on can even be upgraded for a Xfire setup.
Related resources
November 18, 2012 8:56:56 PM

Does the 7750 have a VGA and HDMI port that will run 2 monitors at the same time? And I think the recommended PSU for a 7770 is 500watts whereas mine is only 450 D:
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 8:57:00 PM

The card you already have supports multi-monitor setups.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-rad...

Quote:
AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1

Native support for up to 3 simultaneous displays

Any current AMD card will do multiple displays (as long as all outputs come from the card - you can't mix card and onboard outputs) but a higher end card would help your gaming performance
!