Random Freezing and crashing

Stexer

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I'm at a loss here. I haven't been able to figure out what is going on with my computer. Everything was fine until a fresh install of Windows 7.

Essentially what happens is about once an hour, everything will start freezing up. It starts with Chrome, then any windows I have open, then the start menu. In the event viewer (when these crashes first started happening) it said that Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE was failing, so I researched how to fix it and followed instructions to delete the OOBE file, but to no avail I continue to see crashes.

Even after another clean install, there is crashing. I got a BSOD that showed 0xF4 but nothing shows up in BlueScreenView. I don't know what is going on and I desperately need help.

Also, forgive me if this is not where this kind of thread goes. Here is some starting information:

PSU: Corsair TX750
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel I7-960
RAM: 6GB GSkill 1600
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SSC+
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB
SSD: Crucial M4 64GB

I'm sure more information would be needed to diagnose this, so please let me know what is needed and I'll be glad to help.

Solution
Make sure the firmware for your Crucial M4 is up to date. They start to cause problems after a certain amount of hours if the Firmware is not updated if memory serves.