Advice for new graphics card (Dell dimension 5150)

CanadasElite

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I recently bought this pc, it has a 250 Mb card ATI Radeon x300/x550/x1050 series. A dual core 2.66 GHz CPU, Windows XP (newest update), a 350W power supply and 3.5GB RAM. I'm looking at one of these cards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-DVI-BFG-NVIDIA-GeForce-7950GT-512MB-GDDR3-video-/230879708314?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item35c180c49a

I'm not sure if this is the best card I can find. I would like to get the best possible card I can get, and budget isn't much of a problem for me. Currently my pc doesn't have pixel model shader 3.0, and most games are unplayable. I found a program that runs graphics on my system, but takes 98% of my CPU so I need to overclock my CPU's. Thanks.

It's a Dell, you can' really overclock them as the BIO is locked out. Half the games out won't run on Windows XP as it's been left behind for DX versions and it will only get worse. The older dual core is going to limit your games. Really, you have a nice surfing machine, but it's going to take a lot to get it really gaming ready for today's games and by that time, you could built a new machine that is more up to date and better suited.

You should have come here for advice beforehand to buy system, as most probably would told you to only pay $100 or so for a system like that.

CanadasElite

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
It's not permanent, and I play to make new everything at one point. I'm aware it sucks and there's ways to get around the BIOS, like programs and such. Like I said before I was offered to buy it and I did.