Pci Express X166

GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS --> Peripherals

Init Display First <-- Set this to PEG

Internal Graphics <-- Set this to Auto or Disabled

You will only get PCI Express 3.0 support if you use an Ivy Bridge processor and a PCI Express 3.0 graphics card with that motherboard.

rokzer

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012

I still don't see the difference...

When set to Auto, the BIOS checks to see if a PCI Express graphics card is installed. If it detects that a PCI Express graphics card is present, the motherboard boots up using that card. Otherwise, it defaults to the onboard graphics processor.
If you have a PCI Express graphics card installed in your system, you should set this BIOS feature to PEG Port. This skips the detection process, which may speed up the booting process.

If you're using a discrete graphics card the video cable needs to be plugged into a video port on the graphics card not the one on the motherboard unless you're using LucidLogix Virtu. With some of the older graphics cards the monitor needs to be plugged into the primary video port on the graphics card because the secondary video port isn't enabled until the graphics card driver is loaded during Operating System load.

What is the brand and model number of the GeForce 6600 card?

The blue 15-Pin D-Sub connector in your picture should be the primary graphics port.

Do you hear a single beep when the motherboard's POST has completed? The single beep means that the video card's POST routine has also passed.

If you're not hearing the single beep when the graphics card is installed then there is some incompatibility. Make sure the graphics card is fully seated into the PCI Express X16 slot on the motherboard.

Blozar

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
It beeps several times (around 7 or 8), i've played around with the card so that it's fully seated and everything but still no go. are you completely sure that it should work on this motherboard?

What do you mean around 7 or 8 times?

There should only be a single beep if everything is working properly. Anything other than the single beep means that there is a problem.

Your GeForce 6600 graphics card should be a PCI-E 1.0 or 1.1 card. That should be fully compatible with your motherboard's PCI-E x16 slot unless that slot is defective.

Blozar

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

What i mean is when i set the Integrated graphics off the motherboard beeps the number of beeps stating there is no video card present even tho the pcie card is there.

while the card is very old the motherboard is brand new so there should be no slot problem.
the bios update is only for new cpu etc so that's not helping.

I'l try to play with it a bit but i have no idea why it's not working.