My gaming build. Is it good enough?

EzioAs

Distinguished
I would change a couple things.

- Replace the dominator platinums as they are super expensive. Get 8GB (2x4GB) 1600/1866MHz kit. I prefer G Skill, Corsair and Mushkin. Kingston, Patriot and Crucial are good as well. 16GB is overkill for games because even 4GB is still enough.

- Get an OCZ Vertex 4/Samsung 840 PRO 120GB for the boot drive and if you can afford another SSD, get a crucial M4 512GB for your games (just a recommendation).

- The 7970 is good but it uses the reference design cooler. It's probably better because you're getting a Fractal Design R4 though so no need to change anything it seems. Just remember that gpu overclocking will be more limited on this card though.

- 750W is overkill for this config. Get a 600W-650W psu like the corsair HX650 or Seasonic 660XP (one of the best unit available.)

themrsomedude456

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
Just curious if I have one SSD with OS and games, will the gaming performence go down. And I may be recording gameplay with fraps so what is the best option.

EzioAs

Distinguished
Not until you finish assembling your system first. Plus, you can find on the forums thread (or stickies) about overclocking in the right section. Follow those first and if you have any problems afterwards, then you tell us.

themrsomedude456

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013

Ok.