Graphics Card Performance to Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Probably January - March.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (CS ; GO & Battlefield 3) some incoming games also, such as GTA 5.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: None, Corsair Professional Series HX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon

PARTS PREFERENCES: Anything, probably the high end ones like MSI, EVGA or ASUS.

OVERCLOCKING: Some time in the future, but no at the moment.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my first gaming rig, probably an easy clean fan and an awesome performance. :)

Thank you! :D

Solution
I would go with GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti Windforce 2X OC 2GB

because its better than MSI and Asus GTX 660 Ti (In fact I'm buying that GPU), not much but 1 FPS more. I firstly selected the MSI but then read that MSI is overclocking their GPUs, so I said no to MSI and selected Gigabyte GV-N66TWF2-2GD (It is the non OC version, why pay 30 bucks more if I can OC it myself?).

But its your choice now, If you have budget for OC version then you should go with Windforce 2X OC 2GB because it is 100 MHz OC already (Stable).

Kiyo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I am currently aiming for MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition Graphics Card 2GB which is $290, anything cheaper and better than that will do. :)

My CPU is i5-3570k :)

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I would go with GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti Windforce 2X OC 2GB

because its better than MSI and Asus GTX 660 Ti (In fact I'm buying that GPU), not much but 1 FPS more. I firstly selected the MSI but then read that MSI is overclocking their GPUs, so I said no to MSI and selected Gigabyte GV-N66TWF2-2GD (It is the non OC version, why pay 30 bucks more if I can OC it myself?).

But its your choice now, If you have budget for OC version then you should go with Windforce 2X OC 2GB because it is 100 MHz OC already (Stable).

Solution

tassietim

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
i was going to buy the MSi power ed 660ti for its overclocking ability but thats now been removed somewhat as it cant do power
now looking at a MSI Radeon HD7970 Lightning BE 3GB ,bit more $ but no issue for me had some more time to put extra $ aside

Status
Not open for further replies.