Want to Upgrade my Graphics Card

JustANormalGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hey guys,
I've been using my Dell Vostro 200 for over 5 years now, and I decided that I want to upgrade my graphics card, which is currently a Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I mainly want to play games like League of Legends and Skyrim. My fps for LoL is ridiculously low ranging from 05-25 on a lucky day. I was wondering which graphics card has the best quality/price ratio. I'm not too tech savvy :/

Also, any recommendations of a nice gaming keyboard? One that doesn't make too many clicky sounds and looks aesthetically pleasing at the same time :D

Your help is appreciated
Thanks

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
The best in my opinion is the 7870. The gtx 660 is also decent if you prefer nvidia products.
The problem is that your cpu is probably a significant limiting factor. It would be helpful if you could give us better information on the exact cpu in your system, along with the other components (RAM, PSU wattage, etc.) and also if you could measure the dimensions for graphics cards fitting into your case as it appears to be quite a tight fit for modern cards. Primarily length.
Because your cpu is probably a significant limiting factor I wouldn't be surprised if a 7770 is your best option. Also you may need a better power supply to run the new graphics card.

I don't think being "stuck" with the HD 7750 is such a big deal... It's still around 10 times better than the pathetic onboard graphics. And unless you plan on playing some seriously demanding games (2011, 2012 shooters) you'll be all right, even at 1080p.

It is also the best bang for the buck right now, too.

JustANormalGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I found out my PSU is actually 160W. What power source do I have to get that would work with the graphics card and what video card could fit, because the mini tower doesn't have to much space?

No way - are you sure it's not the slim-tower version? If so, you might be better off getting a new computer. I'm sure you can find an i3 minitower for around $300 this weekend. Buy an HD 7770 to go with it.

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
You have 2 options. You can buy a new case and power supply, put the old system in the new case, and add a graphics card, or you can buy a new computer.