Sony CD-RW Drive not recognized

a b \ Driver
January 14, 2005 3:43:31 PM

I have a Sony CRX230A CD-RW drive that was functioning correctly with my old
windows 98 system, but is not recognized by my new XP system. Sony support
says that it is XP compatible, but the windows XP hardware compatability
site does not list this device. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : sony drive recognized

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 14, 2005 3:43:32 PM

Was this an upgrade installation or have you physically removed the CDRW
drive from the old PC and installed it in the new PC? If the latter, is it
recognized by the BIOS? Are you sure you have the jumpers at the rear of
the CDRW configured correctly?
www.coribright.com

!