hard drive review...extensive

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
here is a hard drive review that i just read, and found that this guy ran some pretty extensive tests, and i feel that his results are pretty good.
<A HREF="http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?review=17&pg=1" target="_new">http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?review=17&pg=1</A>

read it, and take what you would like from it...agree or disagree...but i think that this would be a good review for people who are seeking to buy a new hard drive soon to read, and get an idea as far as new hard drives go.

i espicially like the last page, where he talks about what each drive would be good for.
pretty good review.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
So how did they review the open ones where you can see the innards? Those must be Western Digital drives that already failed before the review? <font color=green>*Joke*</font color=green>

<font color=red>I aM WE ToDD DiD.</font color=red><font color=white> I aM </font color=white><font color=blue>SOfA KING WE ToDD DiD</font color=blue>

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
It's weird that the Diamond Max Plus 60 gets as low as it does. I have the 60GB model and three 30GB models, and get a hell of a lot better bench then what he's getting.

The D740X romped on all those drives!

<font color=red>I aM WE ToDD DiD.</font color=red><font color=white> I aM </font color=white><font color=blue>SOfA KING WE ToDD DiD</font color=blue>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah, i wonder what score those open air drives get...hehe...
and yeah...the d740x is apparently fast...lol
but i dont know why the dm+60 gets so low...i have never used one...but you said that they are faster...

maybe he got a crappy one? i dunno.
i was glad to see some proof of what i was trying to tell my friend who just got a wd120 gig...that he should have gotten a maxtor..but he said that the wd is faster.
lol
now i have documented proof!
haHA! so when he gets back from seattle, i will have to show him that page...and make him feel like a moron...well, he does have 120 gigs....but still i would rather go for performance than massive space.
just get another drive...because my 40 gig performs wayy better, and cost a little less than a third of his...so i would rather get three of these and have 120 gigs of performance, or just get a bigger d740x...hehe

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-