Would this PC play most games on high settings

naybag

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hi everyone would like your opinions on the below pc setup. Kind sticking to a budget and would want to know if this pc can play most games on high setting and is relatively "future proof"

System Specification
- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair GS 600w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Stock CPU Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD
- Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7870 2 GB GHZ Edition
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Cost £670

Thanks,

Nay

vtcramennoodle

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Nothing is ever going to be future proof for more than a couple years. But you build is good, you will be able to play most games on high. What HDD are you using?

MC_K7

Distinguished
Build is very good.

And talking about "future proofing"... Since you have a strong CPU and other very decent components, let's pretend in a couple of years you cannot play certain games on ultra settings anymore, all you'll need to upgrade is the video card. But right now a 7870 should be able to handle any game on 1 monitor at 1080p. If you get more money along the way, you could add an SSD too.

naybag

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
That's great. I was going for a build which would be easily upgradable I had to higher my budget a little bit to achieve it however.

I was thinking of adding an SSD instead of a HDD but I could only afford a 60gb SSD. So I went with the HDD and will add a extra SSD at a later date.

Thanks for your opinions