Monitor Tech help

I have been doing some research on monitors and the general observation I have made is that you can not get a resolution of 2560x1440 and have a refresh rate of 120HZ. So I have been stuck in the middle of getting a new monitor because of this situation. I currently have a 27" LG E2742V-BN that I'm not particularly fond of. I have few requirements that I might mention:

1) I need to have a 27".
2) I use the monitor for heavy webrowsing.
3) Work with very large Microsoft/ Excel documents.
4) Work with engineering application programs.
5) I play Diablo 3.

What has brought me to the need of a new monitor the most out of the five requirements listed is Diablo 3. I have experienced resolution problems and screen tearing that I have fixed/ troubleshooted as best I could. They only factor that remains is the monitor. I would appreciate any help with brands of monitors that would help boost performance. Thank you for your time.

My computer is the following:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz (not overclocked)
Memory: G SKILL 16GB Ripjaws PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB DDR5
PSU:CORSAIR TX-650 W
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-M
Storage: CRUCIAL 512GB M4 SSD 6 Gb/s
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor tech help
  1. Why do you need the 27"? If you move your monitor closer...

Also, resolution/screen tearing doesn't come from the monitor, it comes from the GPU. Are you trying to play D3 at 1440p? Because with your card, that will cause issues.
  2. I'm currently running at 1920x 1080. Do you think that the graphics card is really the limiting factor here? I have also enabled Vertical Sync. Even if it is, I still would like to get a new monitor. One that supports higher resolution and or higher refresh rate. Any suggestions?
Ask a new question

Read More

PowerColor Monitors Graphics