January 3, 2013 10:37:07 PM

i7 3930K
Corsair - 64 GB Ram 1600hz
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Asus GTX 680
Seasonic 860W Modular PSU
Corsair H100 liquid cooling system
Corsair Obdisian 650D case

All the above was purcahsed in July 2012.

Everything worked prefectly until a week ago. When I got up and turned my computer on - nothing happened.

To stat the computer - I need to turn the main power switch on the back on the PSU off and on again, usually about 10 times (One go took over 30 attempts to get it going).

Also the power button on the front of the computer only turns the computer off (I never get anything from it trying to turn the computer on).

When the computer is not turning on - there are no llights on at all on the PC. No Fan movement - nothing at all happens.

After flicking the switch repeadtely - the comptur starts and has no issues while its on.

I'm thinking its the PSU (I got the good Platinum Rated Seasonic with 5 year warranty) ?

Anyone had a problem like this before I call Seasonic?

January 3, 2013 11:37:11 PM

It MAY be your actual button/ switch. Take of the cord going into the motherboard and connect the two pins with something conductive. If this is the problem you need a new case.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 3, 2013 11:46:49 PM

sound like the power on line of the power supply went bad. if it too low on the output it wont turn the mb on.
Related resources

Best solution

January 4, 2013 12:13:28 AM

otherkim said:
i7 3930K
Corsair - 64 GB Ram 1600hz
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Asus GTX 680
Seasonic 860W Modular PSU
Corsair H100 liquid cooling system
Corsair Obdisian 650D case

All the above was purcahsed in July 2012.

Everything worked prefectly until a week ago. When I got up and turned my computer on - nothing happened.

To stat the computer - I need to turn the main power switch on the back on the PSU off and on again, usually about 10 times (One go took over 30 attempts to get it going).

Also the power button on the front of the computer only turns the computer off (I never get anything from it trying to turn the computer on).

When the computer is not turning on - there are no llights on at all on the PC. No Fan movement - nothing at all happens.

After flicking the switch repeadtely - the comptur starts and has no issues while its on.

I'm thinking its the PSU (I got the good Platinum Rated Seasonic with 5 year warranty) ?

Anyone had a problem like this before I call Seasonic?

It definitely sounds like a voltage issue somewhere. Or there is a bad wire in the PSU. I would definitely call Seasonic and get them active on it.

I haven't looked up the specs of your systemboard, but do you know if it has a flea power light (a light that glows when the motherboard is receiving energy from the PSU)? These type of lights will stay on even if the computer is not turned on. See if it does and if the light is on then your issue could definitely be the PSU. If it does and its not on, then your issue is a bad motherboard.

January 17, 2013 8:02:33 AM

Thanks guys - sorry for the Kate reply.
The motherboard flea light was on.
Tested a spare psu from work, powered up first go.
Had to buy a replacement as I could not wait the 6 weeks for warranty.
January 17, 2013 8:03:34 AM

Best answer selected by otherkim.
!