redwoodred75

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hello,
I have a Gigabyte 7870 card and im trying to get eyefinity setup. I can get any 2 of the 3 monitors to work but not a 3rd. Monitor 1 has DVI - HDMI, monitor 2 has DVI - DVI and monitor 3 has HDMI - mini Display port. All 3 monitors are the same and 1920 x 1080. All 3 work but when i conecet any one as the 3rd monitor the other 2 go blank and then come back on but not the 1 i just put in. All 3 monitors are up on the PC and Catalyst but only 2 will work. What am I doing wrong?

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
It sounds like you have a bad adapter. Sometimes (not as much as in the past) EyeFinity can be very picky about which Displayport adapter you are using. Do you have a link to the one you are using? Is it specifically listed as being Eyefinity Compatible?

redwoodred75

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Its ok now. I got a mini displayport adaptor to vga and now it works fine. The mini displayport to HDMI cable was a waste of time. I spent ages on the net trying to get this set up going, lots of videos on youtube but no real help. Why did they make it so hard, it should be any 3 cables plug it in and away you go. Thanks anyway for your time.