Cable connections.....

knightfarley

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
What type of cables do I need to use to connect the DVD/CD player, the SSD, and HDD to the MOBO? No cables were included in their boxes! :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: This is my first attempt at assembling a computer so I really don't know. I only see two cables in the boxe that the motherboard came in and they are 1 right angle 6gbs sata cable as well as 1 straight 6gbs cable each about 6 inches long. So I am guessing from that I will connect the DVD/CD player, SSD, and HDD each to power supply and as well as to a sata cable running back to the motherboard. Therefore, I need to purchase some additional cables. Also, is it ok to connect all the fans direct to the PSU using the 3pin to 4pin adaptors included with them? The only exception will be the connection between the CPU fans which are attached to the CPU cooler in a push/pull confirguration. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is this correct?

HELP! HELP!

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155
Crucial M4 256 GB X2
Vengeance Series 4GB x 2 DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower
Cosair GS 700W ATX12V
Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blue-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Write

Solution
Looks like you'll need at least three more SATA cables.
For the fans, yes it is fine to have them connected to the PSU or you could use the 3 pin connectors straight into the sys_fan headers on the motherboard
Hope it helps