I'm seeking info about the Asus GTX680-DC2G-4GD5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon_007

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Ok so I seen this post recently on rog.asus.com talking about the release of a new GTX 680 DirectCU II but as a dual slot card instead of the 3 slot versions we have been seeing, It's also got 4GB of video ram. My problem is that from what I could tell that they did not tell of a release date or the expected price. here is the link to the page

http://rog.asus.com/177262012/graphics-cards-2/more-trot-less-slot-asus-geforce-gtx-680-directcu-ii-4gb-two-slot-revision/

here is also a link to the card on Asus's main site as well

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/GTX680DC2G4GD5/

I am very interested in this card, I have loved the Direct CU II Cards and planned on getting the Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II until I saw the MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr 4GD5 with double the video ram for the same price so at the moment I plan on the MSI card but I am undoubtedly curious about the new Asus card, mysteriously enough Newegg has HD 7970's, GTX670's, GTX 660 Ti among other with the dual slot cooler but the GTX 680 is nowhere to be found. Hell I would be happy with the 3 slot cooler if they had one with 4GB of video ram. Does anyone have any info about what the deal is here? A release date or anything like that will be greatly appreciated.

Anon_007

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

I've never even heard of that site before haha, but do they provide shipping the the united states?

Neuromancer81

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Not sure tbh but if I were you id wait for them to pop up on new egg GBP to USD is expensive + import duty and all that
Im in the UK and have bought off them before (I think they are related to hexus.net if you've looked at that site before for reviews)
Im a bit suspicious about this 2.5 slot size though, drop them an email they should be abl to give you all the infos

Anon_007

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I'm actually thinking I'm just gonna go with the MSI Twin Frozr 4GB OC anyways, newegg has been having this deal where you get borderlands 2 for free with the purchase of any GTX 600 series card and now they have a deal where I get Assassin's Creed 3 as well, thats also for any GTX 600 series card but after thinking about it a lot I can imagine that the difference between coolers is rather miniscule at absolute best.

+1 I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is monster let's keep it on the real. TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Anon_007

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

Well ultimately I favor Asus more and if The 4GB model was out I would try t get it instead of the MSI but It will probably be released at a much higher price point than I can afford anyways, also I am not really blessed with the option of waiting very long for the 4GB Asus card to be released so even if it was cheaper I can't really wait too long for it and I don't want to get the TOP version because of it only having 2GB of video ram.

I will just see how it goes, If it works out then great I'll end up with the Asus card, if not then I will get the MSI. I am getting a damn good card either way so it's not really anything worth sweating over.

Status
Not open for further replies.