ASE & BF2

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

All Seeing Eye now works with BF2!
More accurate ping rates, player numbers and much faster refresh than the
game browser.
Yes!
--
Borked

Borked left a note on my windscreen which said:

> All Seeing Eye now works with BF2!
> More accurate ping rates, player numbers and much faster refresh than the
> game browser.
> Yes!

But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
@nntp.dsl.pipex.com:

> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?

Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But it goes
directly to the server once you click the Login button.

Stoneskin wrote:
> Borked left a note on my windscreen which said:
>
>> All Seeing Eye now works with BF2!
>> More accurate ping rates, player numbers and much faster refresh
>> than the game browser.
>> Yes!
>
> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?

Yes. You still need to log on but then it takes you directly to the game you
choose.
The BF2 browser does not appear.
--
Borked

mb

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
>@nntp.dsl.pipex.com:
>
>> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
>
>Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But it goes
>directly to the server once you click the Login button.

Does it bypass the annoying "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" logo,
Dice logo, intro screen, etc and go straight to the login?

MB wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey
> <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>
>> Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
>> @nntp.dsl.pipex.com:
>>
>>> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
>>
>> Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But
>> it goes directly to the server once you click the Login button.
>

> Does it bypass the annoying "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" logo,
> Dice logo, intro screen, etc and go straight to the login?

No. It starts as normal. You still need to hit ESC to bypass the movie part.
Then the log-in screen, after which, it goes directly to the game you picked
from ASE.
--
Borked

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

In article <4uctc1tfa0n5qlr0a5v7u8bq0bgbirrgp0@4ax.com>,
nospam@please.net says...
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey
> <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>
> >Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
> >@nntp.dsl.pipex.com:
> >
> >> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
> >
> >Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But it goes
> >directly to the server once you click the Login button.
>

> Does it bypass the annoying "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" logo,
> Dice logo, intro screen, etc and go straight to the login?

You can easily do that yourself by removing/renaming the files in the
movies-folder.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

Lansenerd wrote:
> In article <4uctc1tfa0n5qlr0a5v7u8bq0bgbirrgp0@4ax.com>,
> nospam@please.net says...
>> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey
>> <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
>>> @nntp.dsl.pipex.com:

>>> Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But
>>> it goes directly to the server once you click the Login button.
>>

>> Does it bypass the annoying "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" logo,
>> Dice logo, intro screen, etc and go straight to the login?
>>
> You can easily do that yourself by removing/renaming the files in the
> movies-folder.

Yes. I forgot about that.
Wow, much, much faster to the log-in screen now! Thanks Lansenerd!
--
Borked

MB wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey
> <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>

>>Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
>>@nntp.dsl.pipex.com:
>>

>>>But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
>>
>>Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But it goes
>>directly to the server once you click the Login button.
>

> Does it bypass the annoying "EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" logo,
> Dice logo, intro screen, etc and go straight to the login?

If not, kill all the annoying .bik files, that will fix it ;-)

regards - Achtung Ecco

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:21:13 -0500, ScratchMonkey wrote:

> Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote in news:MPG.1d38a4ac8d8bf335989bb7
> @nntp.dsl.pipex.com:
>
>> But does it allow you to join the server directly from ASE?
>
> Almost, except that you still get stuck with the login screen. But it goes
> directly to the server once you click the Login button.

Hmm, it's working better than it did before, however I'm getting a
"connection failed" message from BF2 after logging in. If I go and join
the server manually, there's no problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?

--
Omnix, PunksBusted Staff
Building a safer gaming community, one server at a time

e: omnix@punksbusted.com w: http://www.punksbusted.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

In article <pan.2005.07.08.23.09.38.721139@dont.punksbusted.spam.com>,
omnix@dont.punksbusted.spam.com says...
> Hmm, it's working better than it did before, however I'm getting a
> "connection failed" message from BF2 after logging in. If I go and join
> the server manually, there's no problem

Same problem here.
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

Lansenerd> You can easily do that yourself by removing/renaming the
Lansenerd> files in the movies-folder.

Even easier is to rename the movies-folder itself. I renamed it to _Movies.

--
Michael Bain