Closed

ESN Change on Nokia 6560

Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to change the ESN on a nokia 6560 phone.
Right now I have an old 5125, and I bought a used 6560 off ebay so I can
finally have an up-to-date phone. My provider doesn't provide anything
newer (I am in the middle of nowhere in the woods), so I am stuck trying to
do things by myself. I read that it's possible somehow to do ESN/MIN
changes, but I'm wondering how. I want to be able to "clone" my 5125
settings on to my 6560.

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about change nokia 6560

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:37:02 -0500, Robert Brugman
    <underdawg@reaktor6.net> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I am wondering if it is possible to change the ESN on a nokia 6560 phone.
    >Right now I have an old 5125, and I bought a used 6560 off ebay so I can
    >finally have an up-to-date phone. My provider doesn't provide anything
    >newer (I am in the middle of nowhere in the woods), so I am stuck trying to
    >do things by myself. I read that it's possible somehow to do ESN/MIN
    >changes, but I'm wondering how.

    You simply call up your provider, and tell them you want to do a ESN
    change. You give them the new ESN, they activate the new phone.

    Why would you do anything else?>

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:12:38 -0800, Evan Platt
    <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:37:02 -0500, Robert Brugman
    ><underdawg@reaktor6.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>I am wondering if it is possible to change the ESN on a nokia 6560 phone.
    >>Right now I have an old 5125, and I bought a used 6560 off ebay so I can
    >>finally have an up-to-date phone. My provider doesn't provide anything
    >>newer (I am in the middle of nowhere in the woods), so I am stuck trying to
    >>do things by myself. I read that it's possible somehow to do ESN/MIN
    >>changes, but I'm wondering how.
    >
    >You simply call up your provider, and tell them you want to do a ESN
    >change. You give them the new ESN, they activate the new phone.
    >
    >Why would you do anything else?>

    Because some operators will not activate an ESN that's either in their
    database as having been on the network before or one that they've
    sold. It might work dandy but if the operator doesn't want to
    activate an ESN that's not in their database you're basically SOL.
    Such a situation exists for example between AT&T Wireless and what was
    known as Rogers AT&T in Canada.

    That's my scenerio. My provider only will allow the phones they cell, which
    is the 5125 and some motorola that I don't want either. I was wondering if
    there is a way on the phone itself to change its esn to match that of my
    5125 so I can have my new phone without needing to buy it from them.

    Robert

    On 2/24/05 7:40 PM, in article tqss11lm44647fpam9ah6joiq84hfr6cqf@4ax.com,
    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:12:38 -0800, Evan Platt
    > <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:37:02 -0500, Robert Brugman
    >> <underdawg@reaktor6.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I am wondering if it is possible to change the ESN on a nokia 6560 phone.
    >>> Right now I have an old 5125, and I bought a used 6560 off ebay so I can
    >>> finally have an up-to-date phone. My provider doesn't provide anything
    >>> newer (I am in the middle of nowhere in the woods), so I am stuck trying to
    >>> do things by myself. I read that it's possible somehow to do ESN/MIN
    >>> changes, but I'm wondering how.
    >>
    >> You simply call up your provider, and tell them you want to do a ESN
    >> change. You give them the new ESN, they activate the new phone.
    >>
    >> Why would you do anything else?>
    >
    > Because some operators will not activate an ESN that's either in their
    > database as having been on the network before or one that they've
    > sold. It might work dandy but if the operator doesn't want to
    > activate an ESN that's not in their database you're basically SOL.
    > Such a situation exists for example between AT&T Wireless and what was
    > known as Rogers AT&T in Canada.

  4. This topic has been closed by Pyree

Nokia Phones