New graphics card won't work please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesepug

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2012
I just got a HIS Cooler 7770 card for my pc as well as a 450 antec vp Power supply. I installed the latest driver but can't get the video card to work. I tried uninstalling the integrated graphics card, but didn't do anything.
i tried changing setting on monitor, but didn't help.

My stock info: Intel HD Graphics
current display: 1920 x 1080 32 bit (60hz)
monitor HP 2511 series wide lcd monitor

chinesepug

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2012
also, seems like my pc is running alot harder/slower than before. Does unplugging the monitor plug from the integrated vga port and plugging it to my new video card vga port back and forth while pc still running affect the hardware in a negative way? cpu usage is unusually high and maybe b/c i've been tinkering with the insides too much and accidently restarting/shutting pc off abruptly, trying to figure which setting will fix/enable the new video card i bought.

chinesepug

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2012
it sounds as if my pc is loading alot of things while i only have one browser up. it used to be quiet but it's making the "loading" sounds not fan noise when i'm doing absolutely nothing.

power_small.jpg

chinesepug

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2012
okay, thanks. i still can't tell for sure if fan of video card is working. i put my hand below the tight spot, and can't feel a breeze, but it does "sound" like it's working. The resolution got bigger and a bit blurrier. what would be the best resolution? i looked at device manager and see Standard VGA Graphics Adapter as the name. i'm going to bed now, but will be back tomorrow morning.

thanks guys for getting me this far. really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.