Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New graphics card won't work please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 20, 2012 2:53:52 AM

I just got a HIS Cooler 7770 card for my pc as well as a 450 antec vp Power supply. I installed the latest driver but can't get the video card to work. I tried uninstalling the integrated graphics card, but didn't do anything.
i tried changing setting on monitor, but didn't help.

My stock info: Intel HD Graphics
current display: 1920 x 1080 32 bit (60hz)
monitor HP 2511 series wide lcd monitor

More about : graphics card work

November 20, 2012 2:57:38 AM

also, seems like my pc is running alot harder/slower than before. Does unplugging the monitor plug from the integrated vga port and plugging it to my new video card vga port back and forth while pc still running affect the hardware in a negative way? cpu usage is unusually high and maybe b/c i've been tinkering with the insides too much and accidently restarting/shutting pc off abruptly, trying to figure which setting will fix/enable the new video card i bought.
Score
November 20, 2012 3:16:12 AM

it sounds as if my pc is loading alot of things while i only have one browser up. it used to be quiet but it's making the "loading" sounds not fan noise when i'm doing absolutely nothing.
Score
Related resources
November 20, 2012 3:26:03 AM

Have you tried changing the video setup in the bios, also does the fan spin on the gpu?
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2012 4:08:17 AM

Did you plug the monitor into the new graphics card instead of the motherboard?

Did you connect the auxiliary 6-pin power connector from the new power supply unit DIRECTLY into the graphics card?

Does the fan on the card spin up?
Score
November 20, 2012 4:09:09 AM

just looked in pc, video card fan not moving. i didn't think i would have to go into bios to change video setup. how would i do that and what do i change?
Score
November 20, 2012 4:13:21 AM

yes, i did plug monitor into new graphics card, but monitor stayed black. oh shoot, I didn't know there was a 6pin power connector.

I will look for this.
Score
November 20, 2012 4:14:13 AM

where would i plug a 6 pin into the video card? i don't see a slot anywhere on the card
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2012 4:17:35 AM

Score
November 20, 2012 4:30:51 AM

okay, thanks. i still can't tell for sure if fan of video card is working. i put my hand below the tight spot, and can't feel a breeze, but it does "sound" like it's working. The resolution got bigger and a bit blurrier. what would be the best resolution? i looked at device manager and see Standard VGA Graphics Adapter as the name. i'm going to bed now, but will be back tomorrow morning.

thanks guys for getting me this far. really appreciate it
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2012 4:32:56 AM

After you got to blurry resolution phase, you need to download drivers for your card from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and install them. It will detect the correct resolution and the picture will start looking good.
Score
November 20, 2012 4:37:07 AM

i went to his digital site and downloaded the latest drivers before i inserted graphics card onto motherboard.

was i supposed to use that link?

k gotta go to bed
Score
November 20, 2012 4:37:45 AM

oh and i can't put my pc to sleep anymore for some reason
Score

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2012 4:53:18 AM

You'll have to install the drivers with the card inside and running in your PC from the site I linked first.
November 20, 2012 6:29:45 PM

thanks alot guys. it works. reliable people here
Score
November 20, 2012 6:30:00 PM

Best answer selected by chinesepug.
Score
!