Sign in with
Your question

Need help ! My VGA randomly stopped working and recovered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 20, 2012 9:35:24 AM

Short story, about 2 weeks ago, i change my VGA from gtx 550ti to gtx 650. and when i play games, sometimes the VGA stopped working and recovered by itself, but the program that i open when that happen, will always hang.
i dunno whats the problem, because when i using gtx 550ti, my computer doing fine, no such problem like this.

And i wonder whats the problem.
i already using the latest driver update, even clean my pci ex slot on my mobo (my friend suggest this) but none of them working.

do u guys know whats the problem?

i'll appriciate every answer that u give :wahoo:  :wahoo: 
November 20, 2012 9:46:58 AM

As you have installed a new hardware it is always good to have a look at the Bios, and see if something changed there.

If all is OK in the bios, and since you´re using the latest driver update, and the problem wasn´t there before, then the only thing that comes to mind is that you may have got a faulty GPU.

If so, then you should contact your card manufacturer for a RMA.
m
l
November 20, 2012 9:48:38 AM

Can you give us your full system specs?
m
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 9:55:07 AM

jemm said:
As you have installed a new hardware it is always good to have a look at the Bios, and see if something changed there.

If all is OK in the bios, and since you´re using the latest driver update, and the problem wasn´t there before, then the only thing that comes to mind is that you may have got a faulty GPU.

If so, then you should contact your card manufacturer for a RMA.

well.. RMA is the last option that i can do..
but i still hoping this problem can be solved by myself. maybe theres anothers factors why this problem happen to my pc..
anyway thanks for the answer
m
l
November 20, 2012 9:58:02 AM

rene13cross said:
Can you give us your full system specs?

Proc : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 Cpu@3.10GHz 3.30GHz
PSU : Corsair GS 600w
RAM : 4 gb DDR3
Mobo : Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3
VGA : Geforce GTX 650

its working good on gtx 550ti, and i think its also working good on gtx 650 isnt?
m
l
!