New wireless card doesn't connect to internet

bjohnson155

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hi, I have been having difficulty connecting to the internet at my new place, I'm starting to think that the network card I recently bought (D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN Desktop Adapter) might have a problem, but I am not sure. I am currently using my landlord's internet, so I don't have access to the router to turn it on and off, which Windows suggests doing constantly, but I don't think that's the problem because I have internet on all my other wireless devices (Phone, PS3, Xbox).

I am able to see the router most times and connect to it, but I am unable to connect to the internet, the networking image in the bottom corner has a yellow warning sign. Also, after a certain amount of time, the wireless card is unable to detect any wireless signal, the networking image in the bottom corner has a red X through it. I disabled all networking interfaces besides the wireless card because of an error message that I thought may have been caused by it: "This computer is continuously switching between two or more wireless access points or routers", but disabling the other interfaces did nothing to help and the message still appears after troubleshooting.

Hopefully the images that I've attached help to explain my situation better, but if more information is required please ask. Thanks.

-Brad

2mq1ftg.jpg

24n4da8.jpg

wccye9.jpg

15i6alz.jpg