Closed Solved

Gainward gtx 560 2gb vs Evga gtx 560 1gb

Hey guys , I'm building myself a new rig from scratch (first time) and I chose all the parts except I can't decide between--

Gainward gtx 560 2gb and Evga gtx 560 1gb

My questions ---

1)Does Gainward have a overclocking program for the gpu , or will I have to use Nvidia System Tools ?
2)Will the extra 1gb in the Gainward GTX 560 affect performance or is 1gb enogh for 4-5 yrs (I don't want to upgrade for 5 yrs )(I will be playing games like AC3, BF3,Crysis 3 (when it releases) at 1920x1080 or 1280x1024 ))
3) Which one has more powerful cooling (I will be overclocking pretty high)
4)Will the GPU's fan control be in Nvidia's control panel ? Will I need to connect a special cable to the motherboard for fan control and speed detection ?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gainward evga
  1. neither card will be very good in five years and for a gtx 560 I really dont think the extra vram is a good idea, maybe if you were SLi'ing them but for a single card your performance will be ~ a 6870, at 1280X1024 you will be fine at 1920X1080 you will have to drop some setting for games to be fluid, although it will still be competent at 1080p. The extra vram will not make it future proof and in 5 years both pieces of hw will be mostly obsolete...

besides that why are you going for the 5 series? personally id get a gtx 660 or 7850

for overclocking use msi afterburner which is compatible with any gpu

what is your budget, full system specs, and preferred online vendor?
  2. compgenie said:
    Hey guys , I'm building myself a new rig from scratch (first time) and I chose all the parts except I can't decide between--

Gainward gtx 560 2gb and Evga gtx 560 1gb

My questions ---

1)Does Gainward have a overclocking program for the gpu , or will I have to use Nvidia System Tools ?
    2)Will the extra 1gb in the Gainward GTX 560 affect performance or is 1gb enogh for 4-5 yrs (I don't want to upgrade for 5 yrs )(I will be playing games like AC3, BF3,Crysis 3 (when it releases) at 1920x1080 or 1280x1024 ))
    3) Which one has more powerful cooling (I will be overclocking pretty high)
    4)Will the GPU's fan control be in Nvidia's control panel ? Will I need to connect a special cable to the motherboard for fan control and speed detection ?

Mate stop right there, do NOT buy GTX 560, get a GTX 660, the prices are almost the same.
  3. Best answer
    Trying to futureproof something for 5 years is quite a tall order. Even a GTX 690 is going to be a relic in 5 years. In addition, while you could theoretically futureproof raw performance (GFLOPS), it's not possible to futureproof for changes in DirectX, OpenGL, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc. For this reason, I'd suggest spending less on a mid-range enthusiast GPU now to save for another upgrade in a couple of years.
  4. ^agreed
  5. Best answer selected by compgenie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Gainward Graphics Product