I hope this is an appropriate forum for this question. I've got the
latest drivers for this printer and completely unistalled all Lexmark
software and reinstalled it. I cleaned up the registry as suggested
elswehere. When the hardware wizard runs, all the driver files seem to
get transfered but as soon as the progress bar gets to 100% I get

"Cannot install this hardware.
There was a problem installing this hardware:
Lexmark X1100 Series.
An error occurred during the installation of this device
Click Finish to close the Wizard."

I'm beginning to think there is a file the wizard is trying to launch
that is missing or corrupted but I've searched Microsoft's website and
elsewhere on the net and can't find anyplace that says what this file
might be. The problem originally occured after installing XP service
pack 2.

Thanks for any advice. I really appreciate it. You can email me at
secondyoko at yahoo dot com .

Having the same problem with my X1180. Have you found a solution yet.

TRENDING THREADS