The HIS HD 7970 X Turbo

HIS Radeon HD 7970 X Turbo 3 GB

The techPowerUP! crew has a review of the HIS Radeon HD 7970 X Turbo 3 GB posted today that is certainly worth checking out. You can see http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7970_X_Turbo/

[H]ardOCP evaluation here for comparison purposes. http://hardocp.com/article/2012/10/08/his_radeon_hd_7970_x_turbo_video_card_review/

The HIS HD 7970 X Turbo is the company's entry into the super high-end HD 7970 market. It comes with a massively overclocked GPU which provides a 6% performance boost over the GHz Edition. Also included are six monitor outputs that can be used at the same time, without breaking dual-link DVI functionality.

i8myhippo

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Impressive, but the overclock is a bit of a let-down to me. My 670 can fall just a couple MHz below it's peak (and yes, I did notice that the voltage was left unchanged on the overclock). Definitely better at stock, though.

You'd think with 6 monitor outputs that they would put more than 3GB of VRAM, though, wouldn't you? Isn't the sapphire version with 6 GB?

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Good to see more vendors making high-end cards with 6 monitor support. I never understood why AMD only ever really released 6 monitor support on mid-range cards. If someone is gonna be doing a 6 monitor Eyefinity setup, you can be sure they need all the graphical horsepower they can get!

I also have a question, actually, fairly related. Some AMD cards have 5 outputs; vendors put on another DL/SL-DVI port; do they support 5 monitors then? I have an Eyefinity setup with 2 VTX3D X-Edition v3 7950s which unfortunately only have 4 outputs but I was just wondering...

I agree. I mean not trying to offend anybody but i tend to find techpowerup does not know how to overclock or does not bother trying very hard.In almost all their reviews the overclocking part sucks!It's rare to see them get well overclocks :lol: And yes i do agree 3gb on six monitors not sure that was a well thought out design.