Gaming, PS2, OC possibility for future

Tycz

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
herrow!

Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better

Budget Range:
This depends, my limit is stretchable really can go up to 2000$ or so.
I am looking for high- end parts bar only the newest stuff which will be overpriced no doubt.
By way of example, I decided for a geforce 670 already since the 680 will grant between 5% - 10% more juice for 30% more price.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming is all I care about here, give me performance.

Are you buying a monitor: Got a screen.

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM)

Do you need to buy OS: nope

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon if possible, im in the UK atm.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Basingstoke, United Kingdom

Parts Preferences: Intel and Nvidia, Asus and gigabyte boards.

Overclocking: I have zero OC experience but would like to dive into this, Planetside 2 is extremely CPU demanding for example.
Overclocking would grant my new system obviously more power right- out and longer relevance compared to new generation games, sounds like a win to me.

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: My main motivator for this upgrade was Planetside 2. While theg ame is poorly optimized it is also extremely CPU demanding and my old i 7 950 just cant seem to keep up. My wholem achine is 3 years old now and it is time to upgrade.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Planetside 2, See above, I need performance and the highest FPS I can get for my buck.

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.

I am considering this card :

EVGA GF GTX 670 4GB SC Graphics Card with Backplate
http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GTX-Graphics-Card-Backplate/dp/B0087ZSJRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357300043&sr=8-2

Onem ore thing , I am currently running with a 700 Watt PSU. I am wondering if this will suffice for a new high end setup ?

TRENDING THREADS