Upgrade for NVIDIA GeForce 9100

sanguineruse

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I'm hoping to play Skyrim on my PC, it's a HP p3601f.

Not a computer person, but I'm told that the first thing to get is a new graphics card to replace the integrated GeForce 9100' but with an older computer I don't know if there are compatibility issues or what else would need to be upgraded.

Thanks

eojhet

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009

I did a quick search for your computer specs but couldn't find an HP model p3601f. Are you sure that this is the correct name of your computer? If it is smaller slim tower then you should worry about space requirements maybe. Some cards won't fit in HP's more compact models. As long as your computer has PCI express, which it more than likely does if it was made after 2005, then you can throw in any card you can afford. If you're on a budget then go for something under 200 like a radeon 7850. Check this article for more help in choosing one: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-4.html I run a sapphire 6870 and have no problem playing Skyrim on high settings. If you can post the correct model number for your HP then I can tell you for sure. But the only two things to concern your self with is that there is PCI Express (which you more than likely have) and that there is enough space to accompany the video card of your choice. Also I would recommend having at least 4 gigs of ram.