Ubee is blocking me from connecting to my work server how do I fix

Nikisrm

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I got this UBEE modem from Time Warner the last one I had was just a server. I connect to my work by a VPN I sign onto their server and then us remote computer access (meaning I am using my computer there at the office) Since changing to Ubee I can no longer do that my IT guy says it is the Ubee server and that it is blocking the connection. How can I fix this for example is there a way to turn off Ubee firewalls?

Check with Time Warner support. Not sure what you are talking about the Ubee server, maybe the Router? If you go into the configuration of the router, you can turn off the firewall but that should not really be needed, I can run VPN just fine through my router firewall. Maybe shut off the Windows firewall?

cr125jb

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Enabling VPN Pass-Through
Direct customers to http://192.168.0.1
Enter the following login information:
Username: user
Password: user
Click the Gateway link found in the top menu.
Under Advanced Gateway Setup, click Options.
Enable the check boxes for both IPSec Pass-through and PPTP Pass-through.
Click Apply.

millergcg

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
Thank you for this! In my case the checkmarks under gateway were in place but there were two filters checked under the Firewall tab. Unchecking them did the trick. The two were Block Fragmented IP Packets and Port Scan Detection -- not sure which was fighting me but with them gone things are significantly improved!

TRENDING THREADS