Custom Built PC

Hi all,

So, a friend of mine had me put together a cheap gaming PC for him and I have built quite a few PCs in the past, but, I am at a loss why this thing won't boot. I understand it could be a faulty piece of hardware, but I'd rather not go through the return process until I get a 2nd opinion on the components I chose.

Here is the list...

1 "GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)"

1 "Intel Core i3-2100 Dual-Core Processor 3.1 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA

1 "Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3

1 "Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB

1 "Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-

1 "Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)"

1 "Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache

1 "EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI Graphics

Nothing fancy, and the power supply should be sufficient. I even went through this checklist's thread to make sure I didn't miss something stupid.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I guess my question is, is there any reason this hardware wouldn't work together? If not, I think I am to the point where I'll just ship it back for a replacement CPU/Motherboard.
6 answers Last reply
More about custom built
  1. Can you at least enter the BIOS?
  2. I'm not entirely sure on the age of that motherboard but I have had experience in the past with intel Core CPU's refusing to POST with certain BIOS versions on Z68 motherboards.
  3. Nothing, none of the fans will power or anything. However, power is being supplied, the LED's on the chassis do come on.
  4. If you've checked most of the basic stuff, you probably have a faulty component. It's probably the motherboard or the psu.
  5. Ahhh, what a pain, I hate returning ***. Is what it is, I'll post the outcome of what it was once I figure it out. Thanks for the responses.
  6. Good luck on the replacement. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems