Eyefinity Problems - Displays unidentified

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambubbleman

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Hello there!

I've been using a Radeon HD 6850 Black Edition Graphics card for a dual monitor setup for a while, my initial two monitors are both connected via DVI. I recently purchased a third monitor and attempted to hook it up. (I'm attempted an Eyefinity Setup) My Card only has 2 unoccupied ports; Display Port and HDMI. I've attempted using both Display Port and DVI and am unable to get windows to recognize anything but the first two, and sometimes the 1st and 3rd monitors. When I open up the Catalyst Control Center, I find the following.

1sqA7

Upon clicking the triangle on the third, unnumbered Display shown I get the following options

-Extend
-Replace

When I hit Extend I get the Message "To Extend this Display must be Disabled"
Upon Hitting continue I find that the screen disappears from the Control center all together

(Please note upon hovering over the third screen, it shows its disabled)

When I hit Replace I find the display is gone as well, with a box prompting me to disable another screen.

I'm unsure if I need to purchase another card, or if I'm missing something very obvious; but I can't seem to get all 3 displays on at the same time, I've followed plenty of tutorials on how to get 3 displays going, all resulting in failure.

If you have any idea on a fix, I'd love to hear it!

Kind Regards
-Bubble

E: Upon visiting the Eyefinity section, I find

1sqZy

When I hit Identify All, it simply identifies the 2 current screens being displayed.

In addition, I can make any combination of 2 screens appear, so the cables and ports are functioning.

Solution
Taken straight from AMD's website "What are the basic requirements for connecting multiple displays?

Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldn’t be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:

The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it. DVI to DP adapters can be had for less than $30 USD.2
Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays."
Taken straight from AMD's website "What are the basic requirements for connecting multiple displays?

Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldn’t be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:

The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it. DVI to DP adapters can be had for less than $30 USD.2
Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays."

Solution

iambubbleman

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Well I'm currently doing the following

2x DVI - DVI

1x Display Port - DVI

That Display Port connection is via the following cable:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270462

Status
Not open for further replies.