Loose motherboard standoffs

njdss4

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
I just bought the NZXT Gamma Classic black case and I'm trying to install the standoffs, but 7 out of the 9 standoffs won't tighten. I've looked at the brass standoffs and the threading is good, but it just feels like the screw holes in the case are too large or poorly threaded.

Should I return this case? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The standoffs just screw into the case. If they won't tighten either the case or standoff is probably stripped. Look at the standoffs. Do the threads look clean? Will those 7 work in the 2 succesful holes? If the standoffs work then the case might have stripped holes, which means you should return it.

I've had issues with cheaper cases where the standoffs strip the threaded holes in the case. Typically it only happens to maybe one or two and it's just a little loose. But if you have 7 or 9 loose you may want to send the case back. Or call up the place you bought it and say the holes are all stripped and you want a replacement. Hopefully they would pay for the return shipping.

njdss4

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

The standoffs all look clean. I've tried all the standoffs in all the holes, and I can still only get secure tightening in two of them. This is really sounding like I should return it...

njdss4

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

Dangit. OK, thanks for the responses. I've sent NZXT a few emails through their support contact info and I'll wait until the end of the day before I submit a review on Amazon and start the return process.