Sign in with
Your question

Which Case (mATX, GTX680)

Last response: in Systems
January 4, 2013 3:56:52 PM

I'm building a new gaming rig and now just need to pick a case. I'm looking for something which will obviously fit the components, but which is also relatively low-profile in terms size and aesthetic (a blank face is a win). Cool and quiet being an obvious bonus. I'm looking to spend in the region of $80 but have no fixed price limit.

Appreciate the advice.

MoBo: MSI Z77MA-G45
CPU: Intel i5 3570K (Stock cooled)
PSU: Seasonic S12 II Bronze (380W) < I'll replace if consensus is that it's not enough power
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW
1x SSD
1x 3.5 HDD
1x 5.25 DVDRW
1x PCIe WLAN Adapter

More about : case matx gtx680

January 4, 2013 4:54:10 PM

The Define Mini is a good choice, I would personally go for the Fractal Design Arc Mini because it has the open mesh design as opposed to the steel enclosure of the Define.
As for the PSU, I personally never heard of that particular brand (probably because I live on the other side of the ocean). I suggest, like many others would as well, you stick with brands like corsair, seasonic, silverstone and maybe even the BeQuiet! brand of PSUs.
Just my 2cents
January 4, 2013 5:20:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. I've taken a look at the Arc Mini and it's not bad at all. But I have pets (and pet hair) so a front grill is something I kinda have to try and avoid.
!