Sign in with
Your question

Overclocked graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 20, 2012 10:24:19 PM

right now my price range is between a radeon 7870ghz up to an Nvidia gtx 670. I'm a fan of Nvidia mostly because of the physx. But i was wondering at full manual overclock of say an MSI brand graphics card. Which card will give me the most bang for my buck. I've read about Msi's 660 ti doing very well for overclocking making it almost unnecessary to purchase the gtx 670. I only game at 1080p. My power supply will handle one new card but not CF/SLI at the moment eventually the psu will be replaced but for now I'm looking to spend an appropriate amount of money on shiney graphics. Strictly gaming by the way.

thank you.
a c 1317 U Graphics card
a c 147 Î Nvidia
November 20, 2012 10:29:04 PM

660Ti should handle everything well at 1080P.
November 20, 2012 11:33:07 PM

A little more digging into tom's hardware shows that if i want to use any AA that i should consider the 7950 apparently the gtx 600's don't do that well in comparison
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2012 11:40:31 PM

troutickuss said:
right now my price range is between a radeon 7870ghz up to an Nvidia gtx 670. I'm a fan of Nvidia mostly because of the physx. But i was wondering at full manual overclock of say an MSI brand graphics card. Which card will give me the most bang for my buck. I've read about Msi's 660 ti doing very well for overclocking making it almost unnecessary to purchase the gtx 670. I only game at 1080p. My power supply will handle one new card but not CF/SLI at the moment eventually the psu will be replaced but for now I'm looking to spend an appropriate amount of money on shiney graphics. Strictly gaming by the way.

thank you.

If you really want the best bang for buck go with a 7950. It is an overclocking beast.

!