Raid 0 problem (Or GXP 75 one?)

SleepWalker

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2001
Hi Guys.

I'm starting to have a wierd problem with my comp. It's assembled from the following thingies:
ABIT kt7raid, athlon 900, 512 mb ram, Hercules kyroII tv out, Apoen moden, Accton NIC, SB awe32, adaptec 2940uw + 2* 30 gig GXP 75 drives running raid0 on the onboard raid controller. I'm running win98.

The problem is the following: When I boot my computer, sometimes it freezes with the HD light ON constant. This also happen rarely during normal operation, but allways when accessing the Harddrives.
Now comes what really bugged me off: I wen't and bought a Sound Blaster Audigy card, and when i tryed to install the drives, the comp computer froze. This happens consistently when driver install is attempted. .. wierd.

The drives make no strange sounds at all, and are perferming perfectly ..

BTW. I had a really funny problem with a Quantum Atlas II 18 gb drive. When copying to or reading from it, the operation would slow down tremendously after 30 seconds or more. I would then start to copy something else to the drive, and it would start to work normally again. Then i canceled the second copy, and waited for it to slow again. Never found out why this happende.

/Sleepy

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
They have a BIOS update for this motherboard that may hit two birds with one stone. It's the latest one from 07/13/2001 v1.11.

I haven't heard good things about the High Point HTP370 IDE Controller either. So who knows. On my system I don't seem to have any problems, but I'm also running a Promise RAID controller. At any rate get the latest VIA4in1 drivers and the latest BIOS and see if that may fix any issues.

With the SCSI drive, you could have had a problem with termination or the cable. SCSI is really particular it seems! :smile:

<font color=red>I aM WE ToDD DiD.</font color=red><font color=white> I aM </font color=white><font color=blue>SOfA KING WE ToDD DiD</font color=blue>