Solved

7950 4 monitors

So I recently bought the sapphire 7950 and for some reason I didn't take the time to look at the pictures for the connection ports. This model only has 1 dvi port, 2 hdmi's and something else.

I need to get 4 monitors ( or possibly 5-6) hooked up for some graph work I have to do.

My question is, What type of connectors and such would I need to buy to get my 4 monitors hooked up and which connectors do I need for my future 5th and 6th monitor?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7950 monitors
  1. Which card did you buy? It should have one DVI, two mini display ports and one HDMI. You need some mini display port to active DVI adaptors to run your 4 monitors.
  2. Best answer
    you will need 2 of these mini display ports and and HDMI cable if one of your monitor supports it.
    2 mini displays + hdmi+ DVI= will give you your 4 monitors

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999034
  3. Well you don't think you can run five monitors on one 7950 do you ?
  4. bigcyco1 said:
    Well you don't think you can run five monitors on one 7950 do you ?

someone told me 1 7series could support up to 6 monitors. Please correct me if I am wrong =/
  5. you can but you have to get a splitter on the display ports
  6. soybeanpaste said:
    someone told me 1 7series could support up to 6 monitors. Please correct me if I am wrong =/
    Well i know my sons 7950 can not run that many Two points:

1)Even if it could it would not work for gaming

I recommend no more than 25% overclock if it proves stable though.

2) HD7950 is NOT even enough for triple monitor unless you sacrifice quality settings. In my opinion.
  7. I brought the 7950 back and paid the difference to get a gtx 670. After doing some research it seemed like I was going to be spending more money on the 7950 to get a multi-monitor setup.

the 670 supports 3 of my monitors right now. I read that it can support 4.

So my next question would be, would gtx 670 in sli support 8 monitors?

I am not planning on using more than 1 monitor for gaming. I like to have multiple monitors for multi-tasking outside of video games.
  8. ah nvm. I figured it out.
  9. Best answer selected by soybeanpaste.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Connection Monitors Sapphire Graphics