Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Low Profile GTX 650 TI into MicroATX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 21, 2012 3:05:41 AM

OK this might sound weird. Basically I have an old Dell MicroATX case and I want to refit it with updated components.
This is the PSU it came with and I'm hoping that this will fit in there.

Now the question is, the Asus GTX 650 TI is a Low Profile card. So will it fit into my Micro ATX case?

Best solution

a c 139 U Graphics card
November 21, 2012 4:33:26 AM

You have a slimline case, that really limits your options. The new power supply will fit, but that graphics card will not. As far as I am aware, there are no low profile GTX 650Ti. The best commonly available low profile video card is probably the Radeon HD 7750 that can be found here.

The best low profile card in existence right now is the Afox Radeon HD 6850. However, it is a very rare card that you will have a hard time getting a hold of, I don't think Afox sells any cards in North America at all. It also requires a PCI-E 2.0 slot as it has no auxiliary power connector, so it needs a PCI-E slot that can deliver up to 150 Watts, which only PCI-E 2.0 and above can do.

If you want to do a serious GPU upgrade, you're probably looking at a new case as well. There just aren't that many low profile GPUs out there above the entry level for gaming.
November 21, 2012 5:10:49 AM

Supernova1138 said:
You have a slimline case, that really limits your options. The new power supply will fit, but that graphics card will not. As far as I am aware, there are no low profile GTX 650Ti. The best commonly available low profile video card is probably the Radeon HD 7750 that can be found here.

The best low profile card in existence right now is the Afox Radeon HD 6850. However, it is a very rare card that you will have a hard time getting a hold of, I don't think Afox sells any cards in North America at all. It also requires a PCI-E 2.0 slot as it has no auxiliary power connector, so it needs a PCI-E slot that can deliver up to 150 Watts, which only PCI-E 2.0 and above can do.

If you want to do a serious GPU upgrade, you're probably looking at a new case as well. There just aren't that many low profile GPUs out there above the entry level for gaming.

You're right, I'm looking at the ASUS website and it says the dimensions are 8.39 " x 4.72 " x 1.4 ". For some reason TigerDirect has it as a Low Profile card. Oh well.
November 21, 2012 5:11:03 AM

Best answer selected by tumah.
!